A policy is a formal statement of a principle or rule that employees of an organization must follow. Each policy addresses an issue important to the organization’s mission or operations.HR policies are necessary because they set in place different rules and standards by which organizations can work more smoothly.They outline a company’s obligations towards its employees and the standards and behavior that the organization needs to maintain.
The process of HR policy development involves the following steps:
- Understand and evaluate the present system
- Translate the HR Practices into a comprehensive HR Policies & system documents
- Draw up HR Policy implementation Plan effectively
- Getting views from all key stake holders on draft policy
- Deployment of new drafted policy